Learn natural English vocabulary to talk about your favorite place to eat out. Awesome phrases for IELTS speaking cue cards👩🎓 The reviews are taken from Cafe Cairo facebook page left by real people 🙂
Favorite restaurant vocabulary
Totally cool vibe at cafe Cairo with great tunes.
I love this place; it feels very homey
Amazing quirky local gem. Great drinks, great people, good tunes.
Favorite restaurant vocabulary exercise
Favorite restaurant listening exercise
Listen. What kind of restaurant is Alex’s favorite restaurant?
True or false:
His favorite restaurant is by a big city.
The place has a quirky and homey atmosphere.
The food there is really affordable.
The restaurant has great tunes.
- How would you describe your favorite cafe or a restaurant?
- Why do you enjoy going there?
- How often do you eat out in your favorite restaurant?
- When did you visit it last time?
- What other places to eat out would you recommend?
- Do you go to eat out to celebrate traditional festivals?
- Is it a tradition to celebrate weddings at restaurants?
- Does your favourite restaurant serve traditional food only from one country?
- Do you like comfort food cafes or restaurants?
- What do you think food of the future will be like? How will it influence restaurants and eating out?
- How can technology change the future of restaurant experience in the future?
- What dining and food superstitions do you know?
- Do you have to wear formal clothes to eat out at a restaurant?
- What do you need to open your own cafe or restaurant?
- Would you like to open your own coffee shop?
- To speak freely about this topic, learn more restaurant vocabulary!
Key favorite restaurant vocabulary
|a real gem of a place|
|Totally cool vibe at ___ with great tunes.|
|It feels really homey.|
|Amazing quirky local gem.|
|very simple decor, and it’s just kind of cozy|
|I felt at home straight away|
|What are the prices like ?|
|I haven’t been there for years, but it’s still my favorite.|
|I just love French food. It’s my favorite cuisine.|
Additional videos how to describe favorite restaurant IELTS
A short text about a restaurant that you enjoyed going to
My favorite restaurant is a Japanese restaurant near my house. I don’t know the name because I can’t read Japanese very well but I often go there and I always enjoy it. Of course, they serve Japanese food there such as sushi and sashimi but there are many other types of dish. It has an extensive menu. They also have draft and bottled beer as well as a few spirits. The restaurant is unique because although it is a Japanese restaurant, it has a lot of Beatles memorabilia. They also play lots of Beatles music there, which I think is strange. People are always confused when they enter because outside it looks like a typical Japanese restaurant, but inside it is a mix of eastern and western design. The restaurant is located not far from my house. And it’s in a mall situated in the city’s downtown area. I really like it because it’s got great food and the service is better than most places around here. It’s also quite clean.
The text is from Ted-ielts.com
Describe your favorite restaurant IELTS cue card
You should say:
- where it is
- what it looks like inside and outside
- what kinds of food they serve
And what makes this restaurant so special to you and others
You know, you do need mentors, but in the end, you really just need to believe in yourself. – Diana RossTweet
Please, leave a comment if you have any tips or questions about your favorite restaurant vocabulary.