Do you have favorite proverbs? What are they? What do they mean?
What do the proverbs below mean to you?
- What defines us is how we rise after falling
- Diligence is the mother of good fortune
- Virtue is its own reward
- Quality is not an act, it is a habit
- Never underestimate the power of denial
- By different methods different men excel
Laughter helps with stress
Remind me to buy food so that I don’t forget
Charity is when you donate your time or money
Listen. What is Emma’s favorite proverb? What does it mean?
Asking what something means:
Do you know what it means? – It means..
What does it mean to you? – It could mean..
Do you have any idea what it means? – I think it means..
What do you think it means? – It reminds me ..
What proverbs are common in your culture? How to say them in English?
Check your knowledge of English proverbs and sayings here
Certainly, there are proverbs about job skills. Do you know some of them? For example, excellence is not a skill, it’s an attitude. What does it mean to you?