- What is your style of clothes?
- Do clothes you wear effect your personality and character?
- Can a new fashion style help you to build confidence and self-esteem?
- Would you change your clothing style to fit in?
Types of clothing styles interactive exercise intermediate-advanced
Compare individual and conservative styles of fashion with an interactive exercise. Click on the picture below👇
New fashion style video exercises
Watch the video. How did the new fashion style change the girl?
Look at the picture below. Describe their fashion styles and character
Emily has her own style. She doesn’t have mainstream attitudes and she likes to stand out from the crowd. Her style makes a political statement for freedom and creativity. She is quite honest and kind of friendly. She gets so happy when she talks about art and music.
Complete the sentences with your own ideas
- I buy my clothes __ (where?)
- I __myself, without any help
- My favorite store is called _
- You can find _ there
- My favorite type of clothing style is _
- I think __and stuff like that is in fashion
- I guess, I rather wear __ and _ as well
- It is a little bit _ but_
- How to dress in a minimalist style? Learn more about minimalism with a video lesson.
- Can buying a lot of clothes be harmful for environment? How?
- Are you aware of fast fashion problem?
- Will fashion be important in the future?
Casual and formal clothes types vocabulary
|Formal clothes||Casual clothes|
|efficient||stands out from the crowd|
|analytical thinker||own style|
|mainstream attitudes||casual and stylish|
|a minimal classic woman||makes a political statement|
|formal and smart||creative ideas|
|businesslike||doesn’t follow fashion trends|
Job interview at fashion magazine video exercise
Key video vocabulary
The devil wears Prada video exercises
Watch the video. What does Miranda think of Andy?
Watch again. What is true?
Miranda is wearing formal and smart clothes
Andy looks casual and stylish
Andy is a minimal classic woman
Miranda looks confident and businesslike
Andy follows fashion trends
Complete the gaps with suitable words:
Fashion magazine interview discussion questions
- What is Miranda’s opinion of Andy?
- Does Andy look confident or insecure? When?
- Would you like to have such a boss as Miranda? Why? Why not?
- How do you have to dress to work for a fashion magazine?
More interactive exercises:
- Do an interactive video exercise on Runway interview!
- Runway job interview vocabulary exercise PDF
- Interactive vocabulary exercise on the plot of the Devil wears Prada
- Interactive video exercise the Devil wears Prada
Additional videos fashion and fast fashion
Learn more about types of clothes vocabulary and sustainable fashion with a British council video lesson