- What is a dessert for you?
- How often do you eat desserts?
- What is a healthy dessert?
- Spin the wheel and find out what dessert to eat!
hours minutes seconds
National Dessert Day
Key video vocabulary
to bring out flavor
Eating healthy dessert video exercise pre-intermediate
Watch the video. Is the dessert in the video healthy? Why? Why not?
Complete the sentences with your ideas:
- My favorite, delicious dessert is __
- __is a great alternative to
- These are gonna be perfect for__
- A special treat but made with better-for-you ingredients is__
- To make these we’re starting off with__
- I’m combining some _ along with some _
- I’m adding in some __in order to bring out flavor
Video discussion questions
- Would you make this dessert?
- What ingredients did she use to make the dessert?
- How did she bring out chocolate flavor?
- Do you enjoy decadent food?
- What do you cook for special occasions?
- What is your favorite comfort food?
- How to make your desserts healthier?
- What makes food unhealthy?
Additional food videos
Key eating healthy dessert/food vocabulary
|a special treat|
|a flax egg|
|a pinch of salt|
|to bring out flavor|
|__ is made with better-for-you ingredients|
Discover more food&desserts worksheets!